Even though I live in Australia and don’t visit France that often I am always interested in events and articles re Shakespeare & Company.
Tuesday, 16 October 2012 3:13 AM
SHAKESPEARE & COMPANY
A CALL FOR PHOTO & STORY SUBMISSIONS
Shakespeare & Company:
We’re currently working on an exciting new project: a big, comprehensive book about the shop. We hope to include many first-person tales from visitors and residents over the years.
Do you have a great story to share with us?
We’re interested in hearing all your anecdotes, particularly ones such as:
• Funny, strange, or inspiring tales about George
• Memories of living and / or working in the bookshop
• Well-known writers or faces who passed through the store while you were here
• Stories of historical significance to the shop
• Love stories! Did you meet a spouse / partner in the shop?
We’d also be thrilled to see your photographs!
We’re primarily seeking photographs of historical interest (images that reflect Parisian culture / politics at the time, well-known writers at the store, George or volunteers at their various duties), but we’re glad to receive anything you think might be of interest—for example, photos that are humorous, illuminating, wild, or just plain beautiful.
A few notes:
• The deadline for submission is December 1.
• The bookstore will not automatically assume rights to the works submitted. We’ll be in touch to use your photo and / or story in the book.
• It’s okay to send low-resolution photos; we’d get the higher resolution images from you before going to press.
• Unfortunately, there’s no monetary payment for contributions—but published participants will be credited in the book and receive a complimentary copy.
• Please send your submissions or questions here.
We’re excited to see what you have!
with thanks and best wishes,
Sylvia and the staff of Shakespeare and Company